Packaging is the first thing that a prospective customer registers when he buys the product. This means packaging also plays an integral role in supply chain management. It protects products from damage, from the environment and human error while streamlining shipping and storage, allows for their efficient distribution, communicates to the consumers, and is one of the major product promoters in a competitive marketplace. In fact, packaging design Also has recently developed into a mature communication discipline on its own and most of people working in logistics now realize that packaging is a critical and central element in the creation of an effective brand identity. To know more about packaging importance you may find the following video is interesting!
As Product packaging is an integral part of supply chain management, then the need to optimize it is also important.
So Here are 5 things you should consider for packaging optimization:
- Packaging Material – There are a lot of choices for packaging materials, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be complicated. The material needs to be strong enough to contain the products, and we have to identify things that could damage the products. That could be be environmental factors or mechanical ones, both during transportation or storage.
- Space Optimization Wasted space means higher costs for transportation and under-utilized warehouses. By making sure that packaging is compact, you can reduce your logistics spending. Fewer gaps also reduce the chances of damage in transit, since the contents can’t bounce around.
- Packaging Dimensions – Carriers have various methods of calculating shipping charges and often use dimensional weight for bags or boxes above a certain size.
- Packaging Design – Apart from the functionality aspect of packaging, the visual and design elements are critical to branding and marketing, so take the ease of customizing packaging into account. When we’re optimizing packaging design, we have to think about where the products will be displayed and how they can attract customers visually.
- Packaging Testing – Before you start ordering your packaging materials, you need to ensure you’ve made the right choice. There are many methods to test your packaging solutions, depending on the material and the conditions you want to test for. In the following video you will see the packaging process in one of the warehouses.
Top packaging companies in 2019
The global packaging industry continues to be dominated by the 20 top packaging companies in the world in 2019, For example the Top packaging companies in 2019 are:
Amcor is a global leader in responsible global packaging solutions, supplying a broad range of rigid & flexible packaging products into the food, beverage, healthcare, home and personal care and tobacco packaging industries
Ball Corporation is a provider of metal packaging for beverages, foods and household products, and of aerospace and other technologies and services to commercial and governmental customers. Founded in 1880, the company employs 15,000 people worldwide.
Crown Holdings is one of the world’s top packaging companies in metal packaging technology. With operations in 40 countries employing over 23,000 people and net sales of $9.1 billion.
4- DS Smith
DS Smith is a leading provider of corrugated packaging in Europe and is present in 36 countries, employing around 26,000 people. The company’s story can be traced back to the box-making businesses started in the 1940s by the Smith family in East London
Packaging isn’t just restricted to bubble wraps and corrugated boxes anymore and Product packaging is a constant factor throughout the supply chain and the right solution can help your business to succeed, As The global packaging market, valued at $589.9 billion in 2015 and will reach $770.5 billion by 2020. Each brand has to make an impact with unique customized packaging options to leave an impression on the customers’ minds and once you’ve analyzed your supply chain, choosing the right packaging is very easy and rewarding! finally, the next video will show the packaging process.