Looking for something interesting ….something new I found this article that I liked * DHL Cabinet of Curiosities *
The DHL Cabinet of Curiosities is the latest in a range of innovative Augmented Reality apps by DHL, Official Logistics Partner of Cirque du Soleil®.
As we all know DHL is one of the biggest logistic companies in the world, so I was very surprised to see the relation that they created with the Cirque du Soleil.
Then of course I started looking the DHL web page http://www.dhl.com/en/logistics.html and as they say they are the world’s largest logistics specialist.
Why ? Well….because they offer freight transportation, warehousing and distribution, supply chain solutions – they cover it all.
They are all over the world , one of the 4 largest companies with : FedEX, TNT Express and UPS. His direct competition is FedEX.
They also bet for the ecologic proposition
Green Logistics Solutions
DHL provides two services – a Carbon Report – and an advanced Online Carbon dashboard.
- Maps emissions generated from your transportation within the DHL network
- Can be prepared on monthly, quarterly or yearly basis
- Calculation adheres to ‘Greenhouse Gas Protocol Product Lifecycle Accounting and Reporting Standard’
- Calculation adheres to EN 16258 ‘Methodology for calculation and declaration of energy consumption and GHG emissions of transport services’
Online Carbon Dashboard
Has all the benefits of the Carbon Report, plus:
- Maps emissions from your entire transportation supply chain – including third part networks
- Maps emissions to individual shipment level
- Flexible views on different carbon reports – enables simple measurement of emission improvements
- Ability to simulate and assess carbon footprint and efficiency
- Assists in supply chain optimization and strategic decision making