Reading an article I found this job that it´s quite interesting: Distribution Network Design Modelling Consultants.
What´s this job about ???
- Customer location
- Order size and frequency
- Transport costs
- Transport vehicle types
- Transport modes
- Warehouse (Distribution Centre) size, location, resources, costs…
- Service level requirements
- Factory and supplier locations
- Ports of entry for imported products
Features and benefits of the supply chain modeling project work :
- Reduced distribution costs
- Improved understanding of customer service needs and options
- Improved understanding of service costs
- Appropriate balance of storage, inventory and transport costs
- Graphical mapping of customer demand and density
- Access to leading distribution network modeling tools and methods
- Also, this type of work is often linked with customer profitability analysis, product profitability analysis and Cost To Serve (CTS) audits
Example of a project.
Some others interesting articles about this: