Most of the things that we use every day passed through a freighter before arriving to our hands. The reason why this is possible it’s because of the standardized containers.
Biggest ship transport companies
- MSC (Italy)
- Maersk (Denmark)
- CMA CGM (France)
- Evergreen (Taiwan)
- Cosco (China)
Interesting industry data
- Increase of the global fleet tonnage in the latest years.
- Ships, more and bigger than a few years ago.
- The useful life of a ship is between 25 and 30 years.
- The biggest port in Europe is in Rotterdam (Netherlands).
- December 2014. Hapag Lloyd (Germany) and CSAV (Chile)
- March 2015. Hamburg-Süd (Germany) and CCNI (Chile)