I have chosen this topic because my OneSlideShow was about this. It is a really interesting system as it helps to reduce a lot the shipping time. I had heard about it before but I had not got the chance to get a bit deeper on it until now.
The ATLS (Automatic Truck Loading System) automatists the loading and unloading of trucks and trailers with products either with pallets, slip sheets, racks or containers in the warehouses.
It´s main goal is related with the time it saves as it can handle around 150 pallets per hour in any possible load pattern. Nevertheless, it has a lot more benefits such as:
– Eliminates human mistakes: everything is controlled and automatically mechanized.
– Reduces accidents: reduces the amount of wheelbarrows and other mechanisms used for load and unload.
– Allows a big flexibility in the sense of pallets, type of trucks.
– Environmental impact: connected to the electrical wire eliminates the use of batteries.
-Reduce space for shipping.
About the process, it can be briefly explained in the following steps:
-The truck is placed in the door. An automatist order is sent to the ATSL which comes to the specific door.
– The ATSL opens its doors and measures the size of the truck.
– The pallets are transported to the ATSL. It can be done basically in three different ways: with a conveyor belt placed up of the doors or directly in front of the doors or using AGV (automated guided vehicle).
– The load module of the ATSL goes into the truck and places it´s load.
– It closes the doors and goes to the following door.
You can see all this process in a visual way in the following video. In this case they are using the conveyor belt in front of the door.
In case you want to see other cases, you can go to this link. There you will find a lot of real cases with the different ways of moving the pallets to the ATLS.
Fonts: www. loading-automation .com; www. atlsinc. com; www. ancra. nl